Sunday 16 August 2015

THE FOOD DIARY - THE COSY CLUB

Happy Sunday Everyone! Welcome to a very new kind of post, it's my very first food review and I thought it was only right to start a little series for it. I don't think I'll be doing these regularly and there won't be a schedule, instead if I'm going somewhere nice and I want to share it with you I'll post another entry in The Food Diary! This week me and a few friends planned to go out for some breakfast ... however as always things were running a little late and it became brunch! The Cosy Club opened in Leicester a while ago but I've never had the chance to pop in. But I heard some amazing things and thought it was worth a shot!


I think we went around the perfect time, it was just before the big lunch rush but there were still enough people for a good atmosphere. The actual building where the Cosy Club is now used to be a knitwear factory and the way they have retained the original feel of the building is amazing! I love how they have combined the very hard and harsh structure of the building with the very warm and comforting decor! I want my house to look like that, it was gorgeous! As I was looking at the menu I was a teeny bit overwhelmed at the amount of different choices the had! I was stuck between the breakfast option and a halloumi panini ... I went for the panini, it sounded way too good to turn away! Although one of my friends did get the breakfast and it looked amazing! Along with some table water I also ordered a cooling lemonade, now I love lemonade and I've tried quite a few variations but this was just on another level! It was gorgeous, super refreshing and lets face it ... it looks amazing too! You could really taste the mint that was infused with the lemonade as well as hints of cucumber. The moment that we were all waiting for however was the all important food, and I was not disappointed! I'm a a massive sucker for presentation and the cosy club surpassed all of my expectations. I ordered a standard plate of a panini and chips and they even made that look good! And can I just say it taste's as good as it looks! The panini I chose was packed with flavour with grilled halloumi, sun-dried tomato, red pepper chutney with hummus and spinach! I had my doubts because I don't like hummus or spinach and I was so close to asking the waiter not to put any in but I'm so glad I didn't! It all worked so well together! As we cleaned our plates we decided to have a look at the dessert menu, I'm not going to lie at this point we were stuffed but I have a sweet tooth and so I had to have a little peek! In the end we decided to walk off our food with a little bit of shopping and then headed to Gelato Village, but when I go back and visit the Cosy Club again I will most definitely be trying the creme brulee with white chocolate and fresh raspberries or the salted caramel cheesecake! 


When you've heard a lot of good things about a particular place the last thing you want is to walk away disappointed and I can honestly say I was so happy we chose to go there in the end. I don't think I have one bad word to say about the place, I loved everything from the decor to how helpful and polite the staff were, hell I even loved how they've done the toilets! If you're in Leicester or near a Cosy Club I would definitely say it's worth a visit, even if it's for just a drink! I hope you guys have enjoyed this post, I know it's something different but I had a lot of fun writing it up and I got to eat some lovely food whilst I was at it too! Haha! I have left the Cosy Clubs website below if you wanted to check it out! I hope you guys have a lovely week and I'll be back next Sunday as always!



No comments:

Post a Comment