Sunday 23 August 2015

THE M.A.C VOLCANIC ASH EXFOLIATOR

Happy Sunday Everyone! This week I'm telling you guys all about a skincare purchase ... from M.A.C! Now I don't know if it's just me but I've never really thought of going to M.A.C for skincare, in all honesty it's not something I even thought they did? But night one of my besties at work was telling me about her skincare routine and she said that she would never think of using another exfoliator now that she has this one in her life. As soon as she said that I knew that I needed it, Tara really knows her stuff when it comes to beauty and skincare so I knew I could trust her opinion.


The packaging and the product itself is beautiful, anything monochrome is a win for me so you can imagine how excited I was! It comes in a silver and white glittery box which compliments the black glittery exfoliant inside the tube! I read a few reviews online and it seemed to get a lot of hate but after hearing what Tara thought of it I decided to take the plunge! I've used the product a few times now and the more I use the more I fall in love with it. I've never really used a specific facial exfoliator before but now I don't know what I'd do without one. My skin was going through a really rough stage recently, it was dry and groggy, no matter what I did I couldn't revive my skin and I was starting to get really annoyed. The exfoliator has a blend of volcanic ash and fine sugar crystals, I have to say it has quite an abrasive texture and for some people it may be a little too harsh. Tara told me that she pops a little into her palm and then adds a few drops of water to turn it into a paste, this is definitely the best way to apply it. The consistency of the exfoliant is super thick and unless you water it down I can imagine it being very tough to work in and could become quite harsh for the skin. I tend to work it in using circular motions until the sugar crystals start to break down, I then use some warm water to break down the remaining crystals finishing with a final rinse! Oh, and I should also mention that although the ash makes the colour jet black it will not stain your skin! When I used it the first time that was one of my main worries haha! After rinsing the remainder of the product off I pat my face dry with a towel and voila! It leave your skin feeling super soft and refreshed. It also leaves your skin feeling clean and adds instant moisture, and that's not something I normally find with exfoliators. They normally leave my skin feeling stripped of its moisture and there's almost a pulling / tightness in the skin. This beauty has become a definite staple on my bathroom shelf, I would recommend using this once a week, I tend to use it in the evening after using the micellar cleansing water from Garnier. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging, as beautiful as it is I imagine once you start getting to the end of the tube you'd have to cut the top off to make sure you use it all! At £22 a tube I know I want to use every last bit! 

Hope you guys have enjoyed this post! Let me know if you've used any skincare from M.A.C, is there something else that I need from the range! I'd love to hear what you recommend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment