Sunday 6 September 2015

THE BRIGHTON DAY TRIP

Happy Sunday Everyone! This month is going to be exciting over on this little blog of mine, over the bank holiday weekend me and a few friends went on a lovely little trip to Brighton and London. Over the next few weeks I am going to be writing about the different things we got up to! Make sure you're following me on Twitter and Instagram for any cheeky sneak peaks and updates! Today's post is going to focus on our lovely day spent in Brighton! I've chosen some of my favourite photos to show you, enjoy! ... p.s get ready for a super rambly post!

The day started stupidly early, I was at work the night before and I came home late and packed! By the time I had got into bed it was gone 1am! ... and I had to be up at 6! Now everyone knows I'm the late one in the group, so I was incredibly proud that I was awake and ready on time! Go Prim! Because we had to get two trains the journey was quite a long one, I think it was an hour to London and then an hour and a half to Brighton! But we soon made it and I couldn't have been more excited! The first thing we did was have a wee ... #TMI, I know but I had to pay 20p! #WTH ... anyway once we had a wee we started making our way through the town! We were greeted by a lovely man who gave us a map and told us how we could get to the lanes! I've heard such amazing things about the lanes and it was one of the main reasons I wanted to take the trip. One of the places we visited was called Berts Homestore, I could have spent hours in that store. It was filled with amazing nick-nacks and one of the things I picked up was a wooden DIY stag head. I was so excited, I've always wanted a stag head but they've always been so expensive so I thought, hey ... this will do. Well ... long story short its missing about three pieces! #SadFace We were then super hungry so we circled the lanes for a while and found a lovely little place called Kooks ... I will be doing another issue of The Food Diary for Kooks so keep an eye out! Now one thing I loved about Brighton was that all the main places we wanted to visit were quite close to each other, so after dinner we made our way down to the Royal Pavilion. After having a look around the grounds we decided to have a look around inside, I am a real History buff, I love learning about things that have happened in the past and so this was a real treat for me! If you're heading to Brighton I would most definitely recommend visiting the Pavilion, it was absolutely gorgeous inside. I wasn't able to take any photos inside so again, if you're in the area make sure you pop inside! You won't regret it! All that history made us super thirsty and so we headed in to a nearby bar for some drinks! I had an amazing drink called the peach melba ... it was to die for! Once we had rested our feet we decided to head down to the pier! Can I just say I love the sea or any water thingy, I always say if I was an element I would be water! As we made our way down to the pier I decided I wanted an ice cream, I mean I was at the beach! I had to right? Well the seagulls had another idea ... I was only about 1/4 of the way through my ice cream cone when IT came at me and snatched it out of my hands ... it's safe to say I was not impressed. Although my friends and the pier guard seemed to find is very amusing! Haha! We then took a lovely stroll around the pier before walking down to the marina for dinner ... it was a very long walk, very! But I did it! We chose to eat at Zizzis which is one of my favourite places to eat however the service sadly wasn't the best, but I won't get into that too much! After dinner we got a taxi back to the station and made our way to London! I was so glad we managed to get so much done in just one day however I would love to go back and spend some more time exploring the lanes. Here are some of the photos from my day in Brighton!


Hope you guys have enjoyed this weeks post, I had a super lovely time in Brighton and I'm so glad I have the chance to share it with you guys. Let me know if any of you have been before and definitely let me know if I've missed anything so that I know where to go the next time I visit! Hope you guys have a lovely day or evening no matter what you're up to and I shall see you next Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment