Sunday 13 September 2015

THE NEXT FACTOR

Happy Sunday Everyone! Today's post was going to be a Lush Haul but a lot has happened over the weekend and I wanted to share it with you. I thought long and hard about whether to put this up on my blog or not, my day to day job is something I have kept to myself because ... well, I've never really had a reason to tell you guys about it. Although my blog is mainly fashion and beauty I also like to think of it as a bit of a diary, somewhere I can scroll though and remember some of the amazing things I have been a part of. My workplace holds an annual summer party and this year we had an X Factor themed event, an evening where my amazing colleagues had the chance to stand on a stage and sing their hearts out! When the posters were put up I joked about how I was going to audition ... little did I know one of my besties at work had popped the application form through with our names on it!


Now me and Katie are no singers, but that wasn't the point! We were going to get on that stage and have a good time ... and so we decided we would audition with PJ and Duncans - Lets Get Ready To Rumble! Our first run through took place at Abbey Park ... in the rain, because we're professionals like that haha! We thought out costumes and had a routine all planned for the audition ... except we didn't get another chance to have a run through before the audition! I won't say much about the audition but lets just say it was a miracle we got through considering Katie decided to stop singing half way through haha! Nevertheless they saw something in us and we went to the o2 academy for a sound check with the ever amazing Ian and George. After they heard our song choices they decided it was for the best to sing a different song and I couldn't be happier with the song we chose in the end, You're The One That I Want from Grease! We did a quick run through with a piano and it just clicked, we were so happy with how it sounded and we knew we could add our flare with the outfits and it would definitely get everyone singing along! After our run through we then went off to a little balcony area and filmed our promo clip ... it was fantastic! We couldn't stop laughing and just had an amazing time!


The time between the sound check and the day of the show came round so fast, we only managed to squeeze in one rehearsal to plan out our routine, the rest we left for a cheeky bit of car-aoke when we were in the car together haha! I wanted to create a buzz for our act and so I began a countdown to the day of the show and I have to say the support we got from every single one of the lovely people we work with meant so much! ... p.s how funny is the picture of mine and Katies face on Danny and Sandys body haha!


On the day of the show we went back to the o2 and had a dress rehearsal-ish. Everyone was amazing and so talented. I couldn't be prouder of the group of people I had the pleasure of sharing the stage with, it takes a lot to put yourself out there and it's something I feel they should all be proud of! All of the acts seemed to run through their performance without any problems ... step in Young Lovers! First of we had massively misjudged the space we had for our routine and so half of it we had to leave out. And then came the issue with the mics, for some reason as soon as Katie got close to me our mics would screech! As you can imagine that was quite off putting haha! We finished our run through but as we left the stage the nerves kicked in! The race was on to get ourselves transformed into Danny and Sandy before we had to be back at the venue ... now anyone who knows me will be able to tell you and I need to be able to get ready properly, I have diva fits if I don't feel like I have enough time haha! But luckily I was ready in time for a quick bit of dutch courage before we headed off to the venue! The night seemed to go by so quickly, before we knew it the time had come to get backstage and wait to be called on. When I'm at work I'm loud, bubbly and I like to show confidence within myself but really I'm the opposite. As we were waiting for the act before us to finish I stood there thinking about how I couldn't believe I was about to put myself out there and to be openly judged ... I worried about the stupidest things such as looking too fat on stage. I was wearing a Letterman jacket that was buttoned all the way up and I couldn't help but feel conscience about my size ... but then I thought to myself, this is a one night thing and I have to give it my all. Beyonce has Sasha Fierce and Primal has Prim ... haha! I was going to have to put all my nerves and insecurities away and just have a good time! As we walked out onto stage I saw every one of the amazing people who were rooting for me and Katie and it was those wonderful souls who made me feel confident, it was them who made me feel good about myself and pushed me to believe in myself. It still doesn't feel real ... I can't believe we got through it! We had an absolute blast performing for everyone. It felt AMAZING! As we finished the only thing I wanted to do was give Katie a massive hug! I was so happy and so proud of us.


A while later all the acts met backstage for the three finalists to be announced, the first finalist was Carly, now Carly is an incredible friend of mine and boy can she sing! I was so happy she was a finalist, singing has always been a passion of hers and I was rooting for her all the way. Next to be called were Steven and Eavan who sang amazingly ... now I want you to know that at this point me and Katie really didn't care about winning, even though we told everyone we really wanted to! We were just incredibly happy we got through it and that all of our friends had a good time ... but it seems the judges had an amazing time too because we were the third finalists! By the time we made it onto the stage I didn't know whether to cry or jump up and down with excitement ... so I did both! The final decision was then handed over to the crowd, they had the power to decide who walked away as the winners ... and they voted for us. Me and Katie could not believe it ... we won? The tears were well and truly unstoppable, the sheer love that we got from everyone is the most important thing I will remember from that night. In a world where material items seem to be of high value we seem to forget that there are more valuable things in life. So thank you to all of the amazing friends I have at work, you all mean so much to me and you will never know how much confidence you all give me to be myself ... to just be Prim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment