Sunday 21 June 2015

THE BODY SHOP REVIEW - SEAWEED SKINCARE

Happy Sunday Everyone! How have you all been? A few weeks ago I made some new purchases from The Body Shop, I went in ... Just to have a look! But like always I couldn't help myself and I ended up at the till with my wallet out! Whilst I was having a mooch an absolutely lovely girl came over and asked me if I wanted any help. At first I said no but then realised I actually did haha! I really wanted to try out a new face mask, I am and always will be a dedicated lush face mask lover but sometimes it's nice to try something new! And the lovely sales assistant ... Hey Saff, asked a few questions about my skin and said I should try out the Seaweed Clay Mask. I normally get on quite well with clay masks so I grabbed one off the shelf but then I noticed they had a '3 for 2' offer! So I asked Saff what might be good to go with what I got, so she recommended the Seaweed Cleanser and Toner! Here's what I thought of the range!


So I'll start off with the Clay Mask, It works like any other clay mask out there. It's pretty simple to apply and isn't too overly fancy, it's made to cleanse the skin and also control excess oils. My skin can be really tricky, first thing in the morning my skin can be super dry but throughout the day the oil monster attacks my face and so I really like the mask for keeping the oil at bay! In terms of application I pop this on with a flat foundation brush for even coverage and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes before using a wet flannel to remove it! Super easy with no fuss! Onto the Cleanser, I like to use this after removing the mask. Not only does it help remove any of the clay that might be left on my skin but it also cleanses any areas that the mask may not have got to. I love using the cleanser first thing in the morning to help refresh my skin but also last thing at night as well but it isn't excessive either! It has just the right amount of moisture so that it does not dry out the skin. The toner I'm still getting used to ... the very first time I used it I had just shaved. Word of warning guys, DO NOT DO THAT! It stings like hell haha! But over the last few uses I have started to get along a little better with it. To be completely honest I don't quite see the point of this step, I don't feel like my skin benefits massively from it but I'm going to carry on anyway because it might be doing something amazing for my face that I can't really see!


Hope this review was helpful for you guys, I genuinely feel that would be a good range for any of you with oily to combination skin. I really want to try more, especially the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream to use in the morning after toning. I've been using the Vitamin C Moisturiser which you can read about *here*, but sometimes it can be quite oily for my skin so I'd prefer to use it in the night to ensure my skin isn't too dry in the mornings. Something else I really want to try is their new Virgin Mojito stuff they've just released! Please let me know if any of you have tried anything from the range, I'd love to know if there's anything that I should try. I'm sure I'll do a review if I get anything so keep a look out! Have a good week and I'll be back next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment