Tuesday 27 December 2016

THE CHRISTMAS PARTY | THE TWELVE DAYS OF BLOGMAS

Happy Tuesday Everyone! And welcome back to The Twelve Days of Blogmas! I hope everyone has had a magical Christmas! Mine was full of food, drink and so much love ... it was amazing! Now that I have recouperated I thought it was best to pick up where we left off! We're now on Day Ten and I really wanted to finish the posts before the New Year! For today's post I thought I would tell you all about this years Christmas Party! I did the same last year and it got a lot of love! This year the party had a 'Pirates of the Caribbean' theme! It wasn't as magical as last years Harry Potter theme but it was a bloody good night!


Myself and Tara set off to Birmingham around half two-ish after a quick stop-off at Fosse Park to get some alcohol, food and eyelash glue ... #essentials! The drive down was like an episode of Carpool Karaoke! We had some amazing tunes on including what has basically become our driving tune, Sam Sparro - Black and Gold and Justin Timberlake - What Comes Around ... but only the rap bit! Haha! We got to the Hilton where the party was being held quite quickly, it probably helped that we didn't get lost this time round! As we drove in to the car park we found an amazing space only a few steps away from the entrance ... turns out this was a special spot and I'm pretty sure we weren't supposed to park there! We did try and get out of the spot to move, but Tara couldn't get her car out of the spot haha! So we decided to leave it where it was and swiftly move on to checking in! Now for some reason me and T seem to be really lucky with Hotels ... we got upgraded to one of the executive suites! We didn't even realise until we were making our way to the room ... I'm not gonna lie, I was so excited! The room was HUGE! We had so much space to get ready, which we need! I am so messy when I'm getting ready ... it only takes five minuted and it looks like a tornado has dragged the entire contents of my suitcase across the room! Seeing as we got there around three we had a lot of time to get ready, but for whatever reason even four hours wasn't enough for me! I was due down for a champagne reception at seven ... you should have seen me at about half six. I was an absolute mess haha! I was running around deciding whether to finish my face, complete my outfit or down the vodka and lemonade we paid a ridiculous amount of money for! Thankfully T kept me cool and calm and stopped me from having a breakdown haha! I got to the reception just in time to give an impromptu speech about two of the most amazing women on my team! I babbled a bit but saved myself with a few laughs and hopefully I did them proud! Once I had drank a few glasses of Champagne I snuck out of the room with another glass for T and headed back to the room for an outfit change! That's right guys! I had an outfit change ... they don't call me a diva for anything! Once I was party ready and highlighted to the gods both myself and Tara went down to the party!


We walked through the entrance into the room where dinner was being served... well I walked whilst Tara practically ran! Haha! There were live parrots around and she has a thing about birds! There was a fab stage act where some pirates did some sword fighting before they started bringing out the food! The food had a tropical caribbean theme ... it was so nice! Although I'm pretty sure I drank more than I ate! Once food was over we all made our way into the party hall! As you can see from the few pictures above the whole place was decked out in an amazing pirate theme! There was even half an electronic octopus moving its way out a ship ... creepy but so cool! Now each year we have someone amazing perform at our parties and this year we had Fleur East! I absolutely love her, her voice, her moves but most importantly her sass! She performed a few songs from her album, some of which I knew but others I didn't and then to close she performed Uptown Funk and Sax! If you were there at the party you would have seen that Fleurs sass possessed mine and Tara's inner divas! We were on fire! After a thousand selfies and snapchats we had a good old boogie! This part of my night was fave ... Tara knows why #HushHush! Me and Tara became friends at my very first Christmas Party and it has become a tradition to sing our hearts out to 'All I Want For Christmas' ... and before I knew it the night was drawing to a close and the DJ played Mariah! Tara and I ran for some empty bottles left at the side of the stage for some makeshift mics and sang ... or whaled and screeched our very own rendition of what has become PAra's Christmas Jam!


We then decided to head to the bar once the party had finished but my feet were hurting so much and there was a massive queue and so we decided to head back to our room and ordered some room service! I think our eyes may have been bigger than our bellies because I managed to eat about 3 slices of my pizza before I gave up and crawled into my bed haha! The next morning we decided to sleep in and managed to check out a minute or two before our time was up ... I was so tired and achey the next morning, I needed a while to sleep in haha! Once we had checked out we went on our way to fulfil what has become another PAra Christmas Party tradition and drove to the nearest McDonalds! #AllTheCarbs! The Christmas Party is always such an amazing night and I just feel so happy being surrounded by so many people that I love! I hope you guys have enjoyed this post, like a lot of the things I write about on my blog I'm so excited to read back on this post! I hope you guys have a lovely day and I shall see you soon for Day Eleven of The Twelve Days of Blogmas!


| The Twelve Days Of Blogmas |

No comments:

Post a Comment